[openib-general] Connection Manager Abstraction proposition - header file

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 25 06:13:15 PDT 2005

Hi Caitlin,

> The events need to distinquish between Rejected and Peer Rejected.
> For example, a TCP connection could be rejected by the peer stack
> for lack of capacity to relay the Connection Request to the peer for
> approval. That is neither a peer rejection nor an "unreachable" event.

OK. I wanted to make it as simple as possible, but if you think that
consumers could find is useful (for their connection flow) - it should
be included.

> This would need to be based on the remote_address *and* QoS.
> For example there could be two devices that reach the same
> destination network, but with different speeds.

OK. I added it. There can still be more then one device (even for the
same qos), but thats a different matter.

> There could be an option to listen on a specific address as well.

I added sockaddr to the listen call

Thanks,
Guy