[openib-general] Re: Question on the best approach to debug aninfiniband connection problem

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Aug 25 07:08:03 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: RE: Question on the best approach to debug aninfiniband connection problem
>
> Hi again Sean,
>
> Once OpenSM is upgraded to 1.8.0 which is in progress, client
> reregistration will be requested. It will then be a matter of
> implementing this in or on behalf of the ULPs which do or cause SA
> registrations like IPoIB.

I am running OpenSM from branch already.
As far as I can tell, any Set method already forces reregistration in IPoIB,
so ULPs support this.

There seems to be some bug related to local MAD handling:

if opensm is running on node A, and opensm is restarted,
all nodes will re-register in the multicast group with opensm,
except for the node A itself which has to be downed and upped manually.

--
MST