[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 25 09:04:36 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 08:58 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Sean> Another possibility could be to add a list of receives to
>     Sean> rdma_connect().
>
>     Guy> I added this to both connect and accept calls
>
> I don't think this is a good idea.  Let's try to streamline the
> connect call, not add every single possible feature to it.
>
>  - R.

I think it is a good solution for the sync problem that sean raised - in
the case where we modify the qp inside the abstraction layer.
We can take it out (i.e getting the path and modify qp to init *before*
connect) but I think this will be more complicated for the consumers
(especially the iwarp ones).
I am not saying we *have* to do it - this is just a suggestion.

Guy