[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu Aug 25 09:28:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Roland Dreier wrote:

>     James> I agree with Caitlin. The eventual solution cannot force
>     James> protocol modifications in ULPs.
>
> Does this mean we're stuck with the current use of ATS in NFS-RDMA?

NFS-RDMA requires that the lower layer provide IP addressing. ATS is
one proposal and the only one being documented and standardized in a
standards organization. Any other solution that was documented and
standardized should be considered.

Since this will involve the wire protocol, it can't be OpenIB
specific.

> Surely there's still time to fix the protocol.

I believe that a solution can be found without impacting the NFS-RDMA
specifications.