[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Aug 25 11:33:08 PDT 2005

>> We need to insert in here:
>>
>> ib_modify_qp(...);  /* somehow uses address resolution... */
>> ib_post_recvs(...);
>>

>or add a new call to create the qp and modify it to init (an analog to
>the socket(2) function).

This approach seems reasonable to me.  Maybe something like:

rdma_create_qp(rdma_addr_info);

Uses the output from the address resolution to create the QP on the correct
device and transitions it to the INIT state.  The user can now post any work
requests that they want.  For example, with iWarp, I believe that even send work
requests can be posted in the INIT state.