[openib-general] RE: [iSER]How to send the login request PDU?

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 29 01:51:11 PDT 2005

	As it is known to all, the iSCSI layer at the Initiator should send a Login Request PDU to the Target after allocating the connection resources. My question is

	How to send this PDU? Could the Send_Control Primitive Operation be used? But it is not  in the iSER-assisted mode at present. Or else, the dapl API should used directly.

	Yes, you should use send_control to send the login PDU. With this ISER implementation you can do it before allocate connection resources.

	There is the similar problem at the Target when sending the Login Response PDU.

	Same answer.

	Hope my description is clear. Any suggestion is appreciated.

	Ian Jiang

	ianjiang91 at hotmail.com
	----
	Computer Architecture Laboratory