[openib-general] RDMA Generic Connection Management

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 29 12:54:36 PDT 2005

No, DAT didn't ignore it. DAT focused on what the application
needed to specify, and concluded that the applcation had a
legitimate interest in the Class of Service but none in
selection between two arbitrary paths.

The only scenario that anyone identified then was
that someone might want to load-balance across paths,
and that was better accomplished at a lower layer than
by the application.