[openib-general] RDMA Generic Connection Management

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 31 11:15:21 PDT 2005

Tom, from your description it looks like the multipathing is done based
on IP addressing (like iSCSI/iSER, GridFTP, ..) and resolved by the ULP
or its name service, in that case the ULP probably opens few connections
from one or more IPs to one or more other IPs.

This mean that we don't need a transport dependent mechanism as long as
each port is associate with a unique IP (like we do today in OpenIB).
(Another good reason to use IP addressing)

Yaron