[openib-general] Re: List of issues in uverbs

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Aug 31 15:57:00 PDT 2005

    viswanath> Here is new list of issues with uverbs

Thanks for the reports.

    viswanath> I have attached the firmware version/svn info in the
    viswanath> attachment.

In the future can you attach things as text/plain (or just include
them in your email)?  If you attach it as application/octet-stream
then I have to save the attachment and open it manually, rather than
just reading it as part of your email.

    viswanath> 2. libmthca library crashes when a server accepts lots
    viswanath> of new incoming sessions. See log (gdb) in the
    viswanath> attachment. (It accepts about 170 connections) Looks
    viswanath> like a memory allocation issue.

I found a few bugs in libmthca relating to allocating doorbell records
for memfree HCAs.  I've checked in fixes.  Please try the latest
subversion libmthca and let me know if it helps.

    viswanath> 3. Kernel oops when lots of traffic between multiple
    viswanath> clients and server. Very consistently reproducible.
    viswanath> See attachment for details

Can you post the application you use to reproduce this?

Thanks,
  Roland