[openib-general] [kDAPL]How to register a vmalloc() allocated buffer

Ian Jiang ianjiang.ict at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:52:13 PST 2005

Hi James,
You are always so kind!
Now I have a question about reading a buffer of a application in user space.
Is it the only way to use the uDAPL?
I used to have an idea like this:
The application in user space gives the virtual start address and length of
its data buffer to a kernel module program. This kernel program acts as a
application of the kDAPL and registers the user space data buffer with the
kDAPl, then request a RDMA read operation to complete the data transferring.
But I think it is not feasible after getting your last reply. Am I right?
Please give some suggestion and thanks very much!

--
Ian Jiang
ianjiang.ict at gmail.com

Laboratory of Spatial Information Technology
Division of System Architecture
Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences