[openib-general] ip_dev_find resolution?

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Tue Dec 6 09:43:55 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:27:49AM -0500, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 00:59, Robert Walsh wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There was some discussion back in Sep/Oct about ip_dev_find.  Was there
> > ever a resolution to this?

Not that I'm aware of.

> > Are we just waiting to get the modules that
> > use it put into the kernel so we can justify getting it re-exported once
> > again?

That would be a good approach.

> Yes. At one point, Grant had indicated that IPmc might need that but I'm
> not sure how that was resolved.

IPmc? Oh! IP_MROUTE. But IP_MROUTE doesn't need ip_dev_find exported
since IP_MROUTE code can't be built as a module.

My original email is here:
http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2005-November/013563.html

Original email thread starts here:
http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2005-November/013471.html