[openib-general] Re: [openib-commits] r4453 - trunk/contrib/mellanox/gen2/src/userspace/perftest

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 15 00:30:35 PST 2005

Quoting Grant Grundler <iod00d at hp.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 01:57:26AM -0800, sagir at openib.org wrote:
> > Author: sagir
> > Date: 2005-12-14 01:57:24 -0800 (Wed, 14 Dec 2005)
> > New Revision: 4453
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/contrib/mellanox/gen2/src/userspace/perftest/rdma_lat.c
>
> Can someone from mellanox explain why mainline src/userspace
> is cloned under contrib/mellanox?

Thats how subversion handles tags: we are tagging mainline approximately weekly.
I could put it in some other place - just didnt want to interfere with
people.

> > Log:
> > mtu per device
>
> You guys are certainly welcome to add stuff to contrib/mellanox.
> I just would like to be able to explain to HP management why there
> are two versions of rmda_lat.c.
>
> thanks,
> grant

Sagi is working on adding performance tests.
We are not ready to get community feedback on that, yet.

I agree it is probably better to leave rdma_lat.c alone and add
new tests under new names. I'll fix that next week.

--
MST