[openib-general] Re: [kDAPL]questions about the LMR creation of different types of memory

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Dec 16 06:38:51 PST 2005

ian> Question 1: How to distinguish a address that the adapter can use
ian> from that the adapter cannot use? Could you give an example? I am
ian> really not very familiar with the I/O address details.

Take a look at Documentation/IO-mapping.txt in the Linux source tree.

ian> Question 2: Which memory type should be use given a continuous
ian> range of physical memory? It seems simpler to use the
ian> DAT_MEM_TYPE_IA type since no translation is needed. But is not
ian> there any limitation to the memory to be registered using the
ian> DAT_MEM_TYPE_IA, contrasted with the DAT_MEM_PHYSICAL type?

If you have physical memory, use DAT_MEM_TYPE_PHYSICAL. If there is
only 1 region, the array should only have 1 element.