[openib-general] Re: more CM byte ordering.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 3 10:18:04 PST 2005

Libor Michalek wrote:
>   I found a couple more spots in the active connect case of incorrect
> byte ordering, this time around starting psn. Here is a tested patch.

Thanks for finding this.

> -	cm_req_set_starting_psn(req_msg, cpu_to_be32(param->starting_psn));
> +	cm_req_set_starting_psn(req_msg, param->starting_psn);

This fix implies that the user is giving the CM the starting PSN in
network-byte order, which probably isn't the case.  Looking at where
the PSN values are set, I think it's swapped in 3 places.  (For
example, I don't think it's being swapped on the receiving end of the
REQ, which is why this patch works.)

I'm re-working the PSN handling portions now for a correct patch.