[openib-general] Re: more CM byte ordering.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 3 11:03:12 PST 2005

Libor Michalek wrote:
>   The only reason I assumed that the user was providing the value in
> network byte order, is that the Service ID is expected in network byte
> order, as well as the staring PSN in ib_send_cm_rep is expected in
> network byte order as well.

I was trying to make the CM interface use byte ordering consistent with
related interfaces.  For PSN, I tried to use host-ordering to match the
  QP modify call.  There was a bug in ib_send_cm_rep; it should have
expected host order.  (The cm_msgs interface should be defined with all
input/output in network byte order.)

>   I agree the host byte order makes sense, since the event data is
> provided to the user in host byte order. Looks like there are three
> fields for which the change would have to be made:

As it looks now, the only fields into the CM that should be in host
order are: PSN, QPN, and QKey.