[openib-general] RFC on SDP checkin

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Fri Feb 4 11:21:15 PST 2005

  With the CM comming along quickly and SDP now able to establish
connections and transfer data, I thought it might be time to get
it into the repository. I see at least three options for checkin
and would like to get feedback on what people feel is the best
start:

  1) Create a directory outside of the main source tree.
     (e.g. gen2/users/libor/sdp)

  2) Create a barnch of the existing tree and add the code to
     this tree. (e.g. gen2/branches/libor-sdp)

  3) Since the rest of the tree is not destabilized or effected in
     any other way by the code, just check it into tree itself.
     (e.g. gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/sdp)

  Anyone have thoughts on this? Personally I'm leaning towards #3,
but that's because it's the least amount of work for me. :)

  The first performance number I've been able to collect are on a
pair of 2 CPU 2.4GHz Xeons w/ 2GBs PCI-X 133 systems, SDP is getting
610 MB/s throughput (sync. send/recv) and 24 usec latency.

Thanks.

-Libor