[openib-general] OpenIB Architecture, kernel mode driver examples

Nauzad Sadry nauzad at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:26:46 PST 2005

Hi Hal

I was referring to the APIs that are a part of the OpenIB Access Layer
as distributed by Mellanox Gold 1.6.1. I believe this includes OpenIB
gen1 & not gen2

The APIs I was looking for were like ib_device_properties_get,
ib_pd_create, ib_qp_create, ib_send etc. No where in the source-code
do I see any description of what each function does.

I was primarily interested in identifying the use-cases for lifecycle,
connection establishment, send/receive data, memory/buffer management
for any Linux kernel mode driver that uses the OpenIB Access Layer (as
distributed by Mellanox Gold 1.6.1). This would have helped me in
starting my driver implementation

Judging by the response I got from Grant, I believe reviewing the
source code is the only option available to me. Also the document
available on the Infiniband Linux project on SourceForge should be a
decent guide to explain the Theory of Operations.

If there is anything else that I should be knowing

Thanks

Nauzad