FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Thu Feb 10 10:51:25 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 18:46 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Maybe you should lay down the requirement first.

I'll take a crack at it.  Let me know where I am off base.

>  - why do we need an intermediate API

To get things working today with the code that people have already
written.  To create a proof of concept.

In any event, I am not proposing this API get kernel inclusion.  Only a
wider audience than in the sourceforge DAPL project cvs tree.

>  - what differences does it

??

>  - what devices does it abstract

IB for now, any other RDMA capable transports later.

>  - what are the users

NFS over RDMA, maybe -- so RPC.  Anybody else know others?

-tduffy