[openib-general] RFC on SDP checkin

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Feb 11 11:00:04 PST 2005

    Hal> Don't we want to be a little bit careful here in terms of
    Hal> being able to continue to derive patches on the pieces
    Hal> already submitted to kernel.org until we decide this is ready
    Hal> to go forward ? (Guess that might be when these build patches
    Hal> would be applied).

    Tom> Well, I don't think the Makefiles ore Kconfig's will be
    Tom> changing for upstream submission, so as long as Roland is
    Tom> careful to only diff .[ch] files that are already in lkml, it
    Tom> shouldn't be a big deal.  I think for the ease of use for
    Tom> everybody that we plumb in cm and sdp.

Agreed.  It's pretty easy for me to keep Kconfig/Makefile changes
straight now that we have the current stuff upstream.  I see no
problem with hooking up the CM and SDP.  (BTW it looks like SDP should
select the CM once there is a CM config option; also the SDP
dependency on INET is redundant because IPOIB alread depends on that)

 - R.