[openib-general] OpenIB OpenSM and Reserved Fields on Transmit

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Feb 14 05:00:26 PST 2005

Hi Eitan,

With OpenSM, in general, is there an approach that is being used to
ensure the reserved fields at set to 0 on send ? I couldn't ascertain
this from the code and I do observe reserved fields set to non 0 on
send. One approach would be to clear the MAD when it is first obtained.
Another would be to clear the reserved fields in each SA record. I am
leaning towards the former approach. Is this the responsibility of the
vendor layer ?

Thanks.