[openib-general] 2005 OpenIB Developers Workshop presentations

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Feb 14 09:23:12 PST 2005

Matt wrote > Several developers have volunteered to work on uDAPL.  The
DAT
>collaborative is working to get a GPL/BSD version of uDAPL to OpenIB.
>James and Arkady from NetApp gave a DAT talk.  They mentioned needing 1
>month to get the GPL code, and another month or two to fork the code
>base.  I'm not sure why 2-3 months is needed to do this.  Perhaps James
>and/or Arkady can comment.  I think we need to see the GPL/BSD uDAPL
>code for OpenIB in the next couple of weeks.  Better to put the code in
>the open so everyone can see what changes are required.  Same goes for
>kDAPL.  Was the u/kDAPL implementation for OpenIB going to live at
>openib.org or stay under cvs at the sourceforge dapl project?

Once the user-mode support for verbs, user-mode CM, and memory
registration,
and SA support is ready, we can start on a uDAPL port using the code
from sourceforge under the BSD license. No need to wait for the license
be changed to start the port (IMO), just need it changed before it can
be submitted to openib.org.

woody