[openib-general] Mailing

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Feb 15 09:02:02 PST 2005

    Eitan> 1. Use more mailing lists (e.g. openib-ib-manegement )

I've always resisted splitting openib-general.  I still think it's a
bad idea for several reasons:

 - openib-general is still a low-traffic list.  linux-kernel works
   fine with 10 times the number of messages per day.
 - we end up wasting time telling people they need to post to a
   different list, and users end up cross-posting to all the lists
   (and developers end up subscribing to all the lists)
 - splitting the list dilutes the community.

 - R.