[openib-general] Mailing

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Tue Feb 15 09:47:11 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 12:16:24PM +0200, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> As my main interest and contribution is in the area of IB subnet management
> and tools, I had to write email filters that allows me to focus on this area.
> However, these filters are far from perfect and many times I loose
> valuable mailing interchange.
>
> I would like to propose two options to resolve that:
> 1. Use more mailing lists (e.g. openib-ib-manegement )
> 2. Use keywords in the mail Subject (e.g. Subject: [SM] I have a problem)

Eitan, if you can train people to do #2, that sounds good.
"Normal" keywords are "BUG" or "PATCH". It would help to
list other keywords on http://www.openib.org/contact.html
where the mailing list is described.

However this won't be perfect either. Best bet is to feed
a coworker who is on the list anyway enough chocolate so they
voluntarily forward mail you care about.
(/me hears pavlov's bell and runs off salivating :^)

grant