[openib-general] 2005 OpenIB Developers Workshop presentations

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Wed Feb 16 06:49:27 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Matt Leininger wrote:

>  Several developers have volunteered to work on uDAPL.  The DAT
> collaborative is working to get a GPL/BSD version of uDAPL to OpenIB.
> James and Arkady from NetApp gave a DAT talk.  They mentioned needing 1
> month to get the GPL code, and another month or two to fork the code
> base.  I'm not sure why 2-3 months is needed to do this.  Perhaps James
> and/or Arkady can comment.

My 2-3 month estimate was based on 1 month for the DAT Collaborative
to discuss and vote on licensing the code under the GPL and 1-2 months
to port and test on OpenIB Gen 2.

> I think we need to see the GPL/BSD uDAPL code for OpenIB in the next
> couple of weeks.  Better to put the code in the open so everyone can
> see what changes are required.  Same goes for kDAPL.  Was the
> u/kDAPL implementation for OpenIB going to live at openib.org or
> stay under cvs at the sourceforge dapl project?

We are proposing to maintain the code in both locations. The OpenIB
specific implementation would be on openib.org while a
platform/transport independent implementation would continue on
our SourceForge site.