FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Wed Feb 16 08:50:16 PST 2005

woody,
If Open IB wants to go with LGPL license it is fine with us.
We will need to take a voit on DAT Collaborative onit also.
But from what I see on reflector LGPL license is outside the current
bylaws of
Open IB and there is a discussion on it going on.

SO until this issue is resolved on Open IB we will add GPL license to
uDAPL (and kDAPL)
and will work on getting it ready for submission to Open IB.
Once the license the GPL license is approved by DAT we can move the dev
work on Open IB SF.
If Arlin is available he can start the work now.
Lets first identify what areas require changes.

Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300