[openib-general] [RFC] CM reject handling and redirection

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Feb 17 12:23:33 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 15:10, Roland Dreier wrote:
> It is orthogonal in a sense, but consider something like the
> following.  I set up a connection with a primary path and a secondary
> path, using the same primary path for CM communication.  Some time
> later the primary path fails, so APM causes the connection to migrate
> to the secondary path.  I get a "path migrated" async event and so I
> want to set up a new secondary path so that my connection remains
> resilient.   Where do I send the LAP?

Hadn't quite thought it through all the way. Sean's subsequent post also
filled in more.

IMO this is worth clarifying with the CM authors. We will hopefully be
enlightened. If no one objects, I am going to take the liberty to cross
post this issue although not everyone will be able to post on the IBA
SWG as you need to be a member.