[openib-general] Re: Re: SDP_CONN_LOCK

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Tue Feb 22 12:28:01 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 02:11:37AM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Libor Michalek <libor at topspin.com>:
> >
> >   And here I would have thought SDP_CONN_HOLD as a macro would have
> > bugged people more. :)
>
> Didn't get that far yet :)
>
> I also wander whether we could get rid of most called to
> _CHECK macros, consequently turn lots of functions
> which cant otherwise fail into void?
> Given that these checks are disabled upon a compile switch, one wanders
> how big a debugging aid they are.

  Yes, I think the _CHECK and EXPECT macros can be gotten rid of. Getting
rid of _CHECK does have the added benefit of turning a lot of functions
into void return functions, which in turn can get rid of most of the
EXPECT macros. I do agree that there are quite a few function that return
an status which can safely be turned into void functions.

-Libor