[openib-general] linked lists in sdp

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Tue Feb 22 13:34:40 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 02:45:15PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Hi!
> sdp_advt seems to re-implement linked list.
> Why is not the standard linked list used?

  There is some redundancy between the different lists even within
the sdp code base. There are three objects, iocb, buff, and advt
which each has it's own list. Plus a generic descriptor list which
can take a mix of the different objects, the first five fields of
each object are identical. All the lists are double linked lists,
which are accessed both at the head and tail.

  I can add it to the TODO to replace some/all of these with the
standard linked list, or at least consolidate some more.

-Libor