[openib-general] Re: ib_cancel_mad and the CM

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Feb 23 14:36:53 PST 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>>Alternatively, it may be possible to change
>>ib_cancel_mad to cancel MADs based on a second set of criteria.
>
> The second set of crtieria could be an incarnation number associated
> with the message, saved and later checked before cancel to make sure it
> is the same. However, I think this means an additional field in struct
> ib_send_wr although I only quickly glanced at this.

I think that would be the case.  Of course, the CM could use the wr_id
differently, with the drawback that it could no longer store a pointer.
  E.g. It could store the cm_msg in an idr, with part of the wr_id
being the incarnation number.  What I'm trying to determine is if this
is an issue related to just the CM implementation, or if this would be
something that multiple users would run into.