[openib-general] [Utils] IB Management Simulator

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Feb 24 05:47:59 PST 2005

Shahar Wrote:
Eventually is should be part of the management tree
(gen2/trunk/src/usermode/management), or even under the osm tree
(gen2/trunk/src/usermode/management/osm) due that fact that it requires the
opensm vendor layer to be able to function.

[EZ] The simulator by itself does not require osm_vendor. You can write
clients on top of the messages API and integrate to them simulator. The
simulator is a TCP/IP server.

However, I guess that some porting efforts must be done to be able to use
this simulator, so in the meantime, out of the tree locations are fine by
me.

Eitan, does Mellanox have any intention to do the porting?
[EZ] As we will publish the OpenSM code we have for gen1, the "sim" vendor
is already supported by it. To attach OpenSM to the simulator you will only
need to compile OpenSM with the "sim" type of OpenSM vendor. I do not plan
to port the "sim" vendor layer to the auto-tools environment you provided as
I'm not familiar with it. But it should not be very hard to do.