[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Feb 28 09:13:21 PST 2005

This API seems overly complex and at the same time too inflexible to
me.  However, rather than getting bogged down nitpicking about APIs, I
think we have to take a few steps back.

First, let's understand the problem we're trying to solve.  Who are
the consumers of this address translation service?

Second, let's come up with the right architecture to solve the
problem.  Are we implementing a library in userspace or a kernel
module?  Do we have a single cache or do we need multiple caching
policies?  And so on...

Finally, we can design the API.

Thanks,
  Roland