[openib-general] Re: CM REP-REJ bug

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Mon Feb 28 10:01:50 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:23:25AM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Libor Michalek wrote:
> >    There's a problem with REJ response to REQ. The REJ handler
> > uses cm_acquire_id() to find the cm_id of the REQ, but it uses
> > rej_msg->local_comm_id to perform the lookup. In the REQ case the
> > cm_id does not have a remote_id with which to match the REJ.
>
> My thinking on this was that the for the sender of the REQ, the remote
> ID would be set to 0.  The sender of the REJ would set the local ID to
> 0, since it wouldn't have one (unless it had previously sent an MRA).
> Does this make sense, or am I missing something else here?

  How does the user set the local ID to zero, just reach into the
connection identifier and set local_id? This will not cause any
lookup or other problems? Seems unusual to start reaching into the
cm_id and start changing values. How about if ib_send_cm_rej()
made this change based on the CM state in which it was called?

-Libor