[openib-general] Question

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 28 14:06:57 PST 2005

If ibnetdiscover can do stuff like this:
hcaguids=0xc074660801c90200
Hca     2 "H-0002c901086674c0"          # MT23108 InfiniHost Mellanox
Technologies
[1]     "S-0002c90112c08b40"[2]         # lid 0 lmc 0

etc. etc.

i.e., probe all the way to the edge of the network and find things out,
what could be going on such that opensm won't work at all? I did an svn
update and complete rebuild friday. But opensm is still totally stuck.

I have power cycled all switches, and indeed the whole system. I did yank
(yet another) dead power supply on one mellanox switch, but still ..
ibnetdiscover is happy, and opensm is not.

opensm -r does not help.

I'm basically baffled. What is ibnetdiscover able to do that opensm is not
able to do?

thanks

ron