[openib-general] Question

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 28 14:38:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Yaron Haviv wrote:

> Ron, I believe netdiscover uses direct route MADs
> So it can work also when the fabric is not fully initialized

ok, that makes sense.

So this brings up another question. ibnetdiscover is plenty fast, and
opensm is plenty slow. What kind of messaging could I do once i have a
network all worked out via ibnetdiscover?

In other words, could I have a usage of infiniband that worked something
like this;
- ibnetdiscover, save that info
- message layer uses that info and does communications over ib

also, what's the next step to finding the problem here? OK, ibnetdiscover
works. opensm does not. What tool would you run next to look for problems?

ron