[openib-general] Question

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 28 15:16:02 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> Also, wasn't that the same failure as a while ago when one of those 96
> port switches kept forwarding but didn't terminate MADs ? (Yes, I know
> you recycled everything which would seem to be inconsistent with this).

yeah, something has gone south and I can't figure it out -- I lack too
much IB clue.

It does seem there's a gremlin in the network. We need simple ways for
people to find such gremlins. It's also worrisome that one bad "thing"
(whatever it is) can get opensm confused to the point that you can't bring
up the network at all.

> I'm not sure we will see anything more from the logs than the error. Is
> there anything before the first error ? Can you also rerun with -V and
> look for the same ?

I'm doing that now.

Thanks!

ron