[openib-general] progress...but opensm crashed

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Mon Jan 3 11:48:37 PST 2005

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 12:55 +0200, shaharf wrote:
> Tom,
> 	I debugged the opensm a little, and it seems like a simple
> opensm bug. Somehow the destination lid of the report target was not
> found, and as there were no checks for that, the opensm faulted. I added
> the missing checks. I don't know how this happened - i.e. why was the
> dest port invalid. It may happen during reconfiguration phases. Again,
> log files would help me very much.
>
> Please update your opensm and try again.

OK, today things seem to be better with an updated kernel and sm.
Opensm is not crashing (but Solaris is :)).  I will file a bug on my
side to try to figure out why Solaris is krunked.

It would be cool if the log file was saved with the pid in the name as
well since then it wouldn't delete the old one when you restarted the
sm.

-tduffy