[openib-general] New utilities

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Tue Jan 4 09:39:10 PST 2005

Hi guys,

            I started to add new mad utilities:

            Sminfo <lid | direct path> : issue a sminfo and dump the
reply. Of course you must direct it to the sm lid/path in order to work,
but it can query also standby SMs.

            Ibnetdiscover: do IB net discover and print out the topology
file. You will find out that it is very useful tool to list the net and
to run a sort of sanity validation. If ibnetdiscover doesn't run
smoothly then either you have problems in your subnet, or I have a bug
;-).

            Both are just initial versions, but they should work.
Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcomed.

            Both the new simple synchronous mad RPC library (libmad).

            Shahar