[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Tue Jan 4 16:30:01 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:12:33PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Yup, this type of error message is typical when the driver doesn't get
> the interrupts it expects.  I suspect that the kernel MSI/MSI-X
> support hardcodes some assumptions about addresses and message
> contents that are only valid for Intel IA64 chipsets (see
> drivers/pci/msi.h, specifically MSI_ADDRESS_HEADER etc.).

Ok. I'll look at that.

> Does HP have any publicly available documentation about MSI on ZX1?

Some ZX1 docs have recently been published but I don't know if any of that
specifically covers MSI:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpv39123

(also on http://www.parisc-linux.org/documentation/index.html
since the same chipset is used for PA-8800 machines)

> It would be great to finally have a reason to abstract the
> system-dependent MSI stuff out of the current code.

Which "current code" are you talking about? mthca?

thanks,
grant