[openib-general] New utilities

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jan 4 18:08:17 PST 2005

Hi Eitan,

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 12:44, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Under OpenSM there is a utility named osmtest.
>
> osmtest -f c creates a dump file with the information about all
> discovered nodes ports and path records ...

My understanding of this command is that it reformats the
/tmp/subnet.lst file created by OpenSM and can only run on the node
where the SM is running. Is that correct ?

Is it being mentioned as a complement to or an alternative to
ibnetdiscover ? I presume it is the former.

Shahar has already written some of the features of this tool on this
list. ibnetdiscover displays the most recent topology which it gathers
from the subnet. It can work over badly configured or unconfigured
networks, and is more up to date with the real network status than the
SM may be. It also allows you to find bad links, etc.