[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jan 5 08:49:48 PST 2005

Ron> would you all recommend just cutting over to openib at this point?
I've
>got a 256-node cluster with hierarchical switches that has never really
>worked well with the vendor stacks, and the opensm has never run more
than
>one day without segv; is openib solid enough that I can run with it? Is
>the opensm in openib pretty solid? Are there tools for tracing the
fabric
>and looking for problems?

>thanks

>ron

I ran a small (4 node) cluster for 12 days over the holidays
running MPI over IPoIB and it ran without any problems. I have not yet
tried the opensm that was ported to the openib.org stack. I was
running the SM from HPC Gold 1.6.0 on a separate node and it ran
without problems.

It would be interesting to see if there are any problems running the
stack on a larger cluster.

woody