[openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD access

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 6 02:53:46 PST 2005

Hello, Roland!
Quoting r. Roland Dreier (roland.list at gmail.com) "Re: [openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD access":
> > 1. The SM needs the ability to write (set/clear) the 'is_sm' PortInfo
> > capability mask bit (from user space).
>
> Yes, I'll implement this.

Didnt Shahar already do this?
Anyway, as a reminder, there are a couple of issues to consider with this:
1. there shall, properly, be only one sm at the same time

   so I think an attempt to set it when its already set
   shall fail or block.

2. when sm exits the bit shall be auto-cleared

   I guess the proper way to do it is on closing the file.

HTH
mst