[openib-general] OpenSM died a horrible death

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 6 07:03:12 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

 Can you send me the original mail concerning the SM horrible death? It
was corrupted in our Exchange or it was very large (over 5 MB). If you
want to send very large log files, please send it tared and zipped. If
it is only local Exchange problem (praise Bill), then please just resend
it.

Anyhow, I missed the exact context that it happened. From the below
email I got the impression that it occurred after get path record with
dest=null. I didn't find any relevant assert in the code, and I also
issued synthetic path record with dest gid = 0 and it works (return
status 500).

Eitan - where is this assert that you think it hit?

I know that it is assert but did anyone understand from where? It should
be written in the log, and in the panic message and you can get it using
a gdb. The process should enter a tight loop to enable to debug it with
gdb. The dump of the backtrace (bt) of the gdb will be very helpful.

Shahar