[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Jan 6 10:12:31 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:10:18AM -0700, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> and lest we forget, there is (I am told) still the issue of running for 32
> days or so and then asking for 2 physically contiguous pages :-)

That's a limitation of linux. Linux drivers assume physically
contigous pages are available for anything that crosses
a page boundary. KISS when it works but not robust.

FWIW, I had the impression most arches now can support bigger page sizes.
mips and ia64 implement bigger pages today. I thought ppc, sparc,
i386, and x86-64 could also support pages sizes > 4k but am not really
sure about all those.

grant