[openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD access

Roland Dreier roland.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:49:23 PST 2005

> I miswrote. What I meant to say is that the port gets to INIT but does
> not proceed to ACTIVE despite the SM trying to move it ahead through
> ARMED and then to ACTIVE but the port comes back as INIT. It helps to
> see what might be going on with the link state machine and what the
> problem might be.

I guess I'm still missing something, because you have just as much chance
to catch the logical state in DOWN as seeing the physical state in Polling
(if the logical state is INIT then the phys state will always be LinkUp).

In any case I added a phys_state attribute in sysfs because I guess it
can't hurt.

 - R.