[openib-general] Re: IPoIB Path Static Rate

Rimmer, Todd trimmer at infiniconsys.com
Thu Jan 6 13:53:38 PST 2005

Yes, that would better align with the information the CM and the applications would have available to them from the SA (both CM and SA packets use Static Rate, not IPD).  Also IPD can be hardware dependent, for example mt23108 silicon uses a single bit rather than a IPD value.  So it would be most efficient to translate only once (eg. from Static rate available in Path Record or CM REQ to what ever format the hardware used for Static Rate/IPD).

Todd R.