[openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD access

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 6 14:17:07 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 16:44, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Well, I was thinking for things like failover it could be nice.

I would think failover is more reliable with SMs on different machines
but this is a conceivable scenario. I for one need to convince myself
that the SM state machine works fine for this (2 SMs with same GUID and
priority). If that is OK, then there are some OpenIB issues to look at.
Not sure how easy they are to solve.

> Or another example, I thought it would be nice if I could
> do all kind of queries for diagnostic purposes,
> without the need to integrate them directly into the SM code.

This can be and is being done. What does this have to do with IsSM ?