[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Jan 6 16:56:15 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 05:11:11PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Grant> I'll see how hard it would be to try it with tg3.
>
> My previous patch seems like it won't work (need MSGINT_MODE_ENABLE
> set too, according to http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0301.3/0123.html)

I've applied this one and your previous patch and it's still not working.
The system is hanging after the "MSI INIT SUCCESFUL" message.

I've talked with the HP person who worked on MSI support for ia64 and
she didn't name a device/driver that she knew for sure worked on ia64/ZX1.
(I had explicitly asked for one). She read the above email and mentioned
that's probably why tg3 didn't work for her last Feb.

My guess is ia64 MSI support is somewhat broken. :(

I'll update the firmware but won't try openib with MSI until
I can get it working with tg3 (or some other device) first.

thanks,
grant