[openib-general] Re: mstflint failing on sparc64

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 8 13:07:47 PST 2005

Hello!
Quoting r. Grant Grundler (iod00d at hp.com) "Re: [openib-general] Re: mstflint failing on sparc64":
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 01:39:04PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > So PCI addresses are different from physical addresses,
>
> Yes, they can be.
> My point was the addreses mappings can be 1:1 in one
> direction but not 1:1 in the other.
> It's platform specific.

That may be the case, but on sparc64 it does not
appear to be the case:

/* On sparc64 we have the whole physical IO address space accessible
 *  * using physically addressed loads and stores, so this does nothing.
 *   */
static inline void __iomem *ioremap(unsigned long offset, unsigned long
size)
{
        return (void __iomem *)offset;
}

Just to be sure, Tom, could you do two things:

1. cat /proc/iomem
2. strace the mstflint run that crashes

I will also try to investigate the option that /dev/mem
mmap plain does not work correctly on sparc64, I plan to

1. write a simple test that mmaps the device
2.  implement two other alternative approaches:
- use raw readl/writel from asm/io.h
- use pread/pwrite on /dev/mem

MST