[openib-general] Re: RFC: process_mad extension

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sun Jan 9 17:55:54 PST 2005

Thanks, but:

 - The patch has some bad spacing in places like:

+	wc->wr_id=send_wr->wr_id;
+	wc->status=IB_WC_SUCCESS;

   as well as C++-style declarations:

+		      struct ib_wc* in_wc,
+		      struct ib_grh* in_grh,

 - Rather than changing IB_MAD_IGNORE_MKEY to IB_MAD_IGNORE_MKEY_BKEY,
   why not introduce new flags IB_MAD_IGNORE_BKEY and IB_MAD_IGNORE_ALL
   with IB_MAD_IGNORE_ALL set to IB_MAD_IGNORE_MKEY | IB_MAD_IGNORE_BKEY?
   This matches the behavior of the FW better and lets existing code
   such as sysfs.c remain unchanged.

 - This last comment is just taste and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't
   see much advantage to defining a separate function build_smp_wc()
   that is only called from one place.

Thanks,
  Roland