[openib-general] question

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Jan 12 14:13:57 PST 2005

    Ronald> I am ins'moding everything on a bproc master node, and I
    Ronald> see ib0 when I'm done.

    Ronald> Same on a slave node, and no ib0.

    Ronald> What does the correct operation of all this depend on? I
    Ronald> am hoping there is not some daemon required, just
    Ronald> checking. Or is there some thing I might have gotten
    Ronald> wrong?

There is no daemon required.  If you have ib_mthca and ib_ipoib
loaded, the IPoIB interfaces should be created (assuming mthca finds
some devices).

When you load ib_mthca on the slave node, is there anything in
/sys/class/infiniband?  If not, can you build with
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG=y and post the kernel output when you
load ib_mthca?

Thanks,
  Roland